Article 1 – Definitions
- Cooling-off period: the period within which the consumer can exercise his right of withdrawal;
- Consumer: any natural person not acting in de exercise of their profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with Tomsgates;
- Day: calendar day;
- Extended transaction: a distance contract relating to a series of products and/or services, the delivery and/or acquisition of which is spread over a period of time;
- Durable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or Tomsgates to store personally addressed information in a way that permits future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to withdraw from the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
- Tomsgates: the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to consumers from a distance;
- Distance contract: a contract under a system organised by Tomsgates for the distance selling of products and/or services, including the conclusion of the contract based exclusively on the use of one or more distance communication techniques;
- Distance communication technique: any means that can be used to conclude a contract which do not require the simultaneous physical presence of the consumer and Tomsgates.
- General Terms and Conditions: the present General Terms and Conditions of Tomsgates.
Article 2 – Identity of Tomsgates
Tomsgates is een handelsnaam die geëxploiteerd wordt door Naviris bvba;
Kriekhof 16, 2547 Lint;
00 32 418.104.22.168
VAT BE 0564.797.544
VAT UK: 320 6896 00
Article 3 – Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to any offer by Tomsgates and to any distance contract concluded between Tomsgates and the consumer.
- Prior to the conclusion of the distance contract, these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer. Where this is not reasonably possible, Tomsgates shall, prior to conclusion of the distance contract, notify the consumer that the general terms and conditions can be inspected at Tomsgates and will, upon request, be sent to the consumer free of charge as soon as possible.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, the text of these general terms and conditions may, in derogation from the previous paragraph and prior to conclusion of the distance contract, be supplied to the Consumer electronically in such a way that the consumer can easily store it on a durable data carrier. Where this is not reasonably possible, Tomsgates shall, prior to conclusion of the distance contract, notify the consumer of where they can electronically access the general terms and conditions and that they will, upon request, be sent electronically or otherwise to the consumer free of charge.
- If, in addition to these general terms and conditions, specific product or service conditions apply, the second and third paragraphs shall apply accordingly. In the event of contradictory general terms and conditions, the consumer may at all times invoke the applicable provision that is most favourable to the consumer.
- Should one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the contract and of the remaining provisions. The parties shall then immediately replace the invalid provision by a provision that approximates as closely as possible the intent and purpose of the original provision.
- Situations not provided for in these General Terms and Conditions shall be assessed in keeping with the spirit of these General Terms and Conditions.
- Ambiguities regarding the interpretation or content of one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions should be interpreted ‘in the spirit’ of these General Terms and Conditions.
Article 4 – The Offer
- If an offer has a limited period of validity or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer is non-binding. Tomsgates is entitled to modify and update the offer.
- The offer includes a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow the consumer to properly assess the offer. Any illustrations used by Tomsgates are a faithful representation of the products and/or services offered. Apparent mistakes or errors in the offer shall not be binding on Tomsgates.
- All pictures, specifications and data in the offer are indicative and cannot give rise to compensation or dissolution of the agreement.
- Illustrations of products are a faithful representation of the products offered. Tomsgates cannot guarantee that the colours shown on the website exactly reproduce the colours of the actual products.
- Each offer contains information that makes it clear for the consumer what the rights and obligations attached to the acceptance of the offer are. This concerns in particular:
- the price, including taxes;
- the delivery costs, if any;
- the way in which the contract will be brought about and what actions are needed for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
- the method of payment, delivery and performance of the contract;
- the period for acceptance of the offer, or the period during which the price is guaranteed by Tomsgates;
- the tariff rate for distance communication if the costs for use of the data communication technique are calculated on another basis than the regular basic tariff for the communication medium used;
- whether the contract, when concluded, will be archived, and, if yes, how it can be consulted by the consumer;
- the way in which the consumer, prior to concluding the agreement, can check and, where appropriate, correct the information provided as part of the agreement;
- any other languages, apart from Dutch, in which the agreement can be concluded;
- the codes of conduct to which Tomsgates has submitted and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
Article 5 – The Contract
- Subject to the provisions in paragraph 4, the contract is concluded at the time of acceptance of the offer by the consumer, provided the applicable conditions are met.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer by electronic means, Tomsgates shall immediately confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer by electronic means. The consumer may terminate the agreement as long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by Tomsgates.
- If the contract is concluded electronically, Tomsgates shall take suitable technical and organisational measures to protect the electronic transmission of data and to ensure a secure web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, Tomsgates shall take suitable security measures.
- Tomsgates may, within legal frameworks, inquire whether the consumer will be able to meet his payment obligations, as well as any facts and factors relevant in justifying the conclusion of the distance contract. If, based on these inquiries, Tomsgates has sound reasons not to enter into the contract, it will be entitled to refuse an order or request, stating its reasons, or to make performance subject to special conditions.
- Tomsgates shall send the following information along with the product or service, either in writing or in such a way as to allow the consumer to store it in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier:a. The visiting address of the Tomsgates’ offices to which the consumer may address his complaints;b. The conditions under which and the way in which the consumer may exercise his right of withdrawal, or a clear indication that the right of withdrawal does not apply;c. Information about guarantees and available after-sale service;d. The information referred to in article 4 paragraph 3 of these General Terms and Conditions unless Tomsgates has already provided this information prior to performing the contract;e. The conditions for termination of the contract, if the contract has a term of more than one year or in the case of an open-ended contract.
- In the case of an extended transaction, the provision of the preceding paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
- Each agreement is entered into under the condition precedent of sufficient availability of the products.
Article 6 – Right of Withdrawal
- De consument heeft het recht om deze overeenkomst binnen 14 dagen zonder opgave van redenen te annuleren. De annuleringstermijn verstrijkt 14 dagen na de dag waarop de consument, of een door de consument aangewezen derde die niet de vervoerder is, het goed fysiek in bezit krijgt.
- To exercise the right of withdrawal, the consumer must inform us of his decision to withdraw from this contract by means of a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). The consumer may use the contact form on this website for cancellation, but this is not obligatory.
Article 7 – Withdrawal Costs
- If the consumer withdraws from this contract, we shall reimburse to the consumer all payments received from the consumer, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the extra costs incurred by choosing a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us) without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about the decision to withdraw from this contract.
- We will carry out the refund using the same means of payment as the consumer used for the original transaction. The consumer will not be charged for this refund.
- We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or until the consumer has proved that the goods have been returned, whichever is the earliest.
- The consumer shall return the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which he is informed of his withdrawal from this contract. The deadline is met if the consumer returns the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- The cost of returning the goods shall be paid by the consumer.
- The consumer shall only be liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Article 8 – Exclusion of the Right of Withdrawal
- The right of wthdrawal does not apply to the supply of goods made to the consumer's specifications or which are clearly personalised.
- The right of withdrawal shall also not apply to the delivery of goods that are unsuitable for return on the grounds of health protection or hygiene.
Article 9 – The Price
- The prices of the products and/or services offered shall not be raised during the validity period specified in the offer, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- Price increases within 3 months after conclusion of the contract are permitted only as a result of legal regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after conclusion of the contract are permitted only if stipulated by Tomsgates and a. as a result of legal regulations or provisions; or b. the consumer is entitled to terminate the contract from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices quoted in the product or service offer are inclusive of VAT.
- All prices are subject to printing and typing errors. Tomsgates accepts no liability for the consequences of printing and typing errors. In case of printing and typing errors, Tomsgates will be not be obliged to supply the product at the incorrect price.
Article 10 – Conformity and Guarantee
- Tomsgates ensures that the products and/or services comply with the contract, with the specifications set out in the contract, with reasonable requirements of soundness and/or reliability and with the statutory provisions and government regulations applicable at the time of conclusion of the contract. If agreed, Tomsgates also ensures that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
- Any defects or faulty goods must be notified in writing within 4 weeks after delivery to Tomsgates. Return of the product must be in its original packaging and in new condition. Products must be returned in their packaging and in new condition.
- The guarantee period is 2 years unless a different period has been agreed with Tomsgates. Tomsgates can never be held responsible for the ultimate suitability of the products for any individual application by the consumer, or for any advice regarding the use or application of the products.
- The guarantee shall not apply if:
- The products have been repaired and/or altered by the consumer or by third parties;
- The products have been exposed to abnormal conditions or have otherwise been treated carelessly or contrary to the instructions of Tomsgates and/or on the packaging;
- The defect is fully or partially the consequence of current or future governmental regulations regarding the nature or quality of the materials used.
Article 11 – Delivery and Performance
- Tomsgates shall exercise the greatest possible care when accepting and processing orders, and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery shall be the address indicated by the consumer to the company.
- In consideration of the provisions in paragraph 4 of this article, the company shall process accepted orders with all due speed and no later than within 30 days, unless the consumer has agreed to a longer delivery period. If delivery is delayed, or if an order can only be processed partially, the consumer shall be informed accordingly within 30 days after placing the order. The consumer shall then be entitled to terminate the agreement at no cost. The consumer shall not be entitled to any compensation.
- All delivery times are only estimates and the consumer cannot derive any rights from them. If a delivery time is exceeded, the consumer is not entitled to compensation.
- In case of termination pursuant to paragraph 3 of this article, Tomsgates shall refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible and in any case within 14 days after termination.
- If an ordered product cannot be delivered, Tomsgates shall endeavour to deliver a replacement item. No later than at the time of delivery shall Tomsgates notify that a replacement item will be delivered. The right of withdrawal cannot be excluded for replacement items. The costs of any return shipment shall be borne by Tomsgates.
- Tomsgates bears the risk of damage and/or loss of products until the time of delivery to the consumer or a representative appointed by the customer and notified to Tomsgates, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Article 12 – Extended Transactions: Duration, Termination and Extension
- The consumer may at any time terminate an open-ended contract for the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, subject to compliance with the agreed termination rules and a notice of maximum one month.
- The consumer may at any time terminate a fixed term contract for the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, subject to compliance with the agreed termination rules and a notice of maximum one month.
- The consumer may terminate the contracts referred to in the preceding paragraphs:
- at any time without being restricted to a specific point in time or period of time;
- at least in the same manner in which they were concluded by the consumer;
- at all times subject to the same notice as stipulated by Tomsgates for itself.
- A fixed-term contract for the regular supply of products (including electricity) or services may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a fixed period.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, a fixed-term contract that has been concluded for the regular supply of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly renewed for a fixed period of up to three months, if the consumer can terminate this renewed contract at the end of the renewal with a period of notice that does not exceed one month.
- A fixed-term contract for the regular supply of products or services may only be tacitly renewed for an indefinite period of time if the consumer may at any time terminate the contract by giving up to one month's notice and up to three months' notice where the contract is for the regular supply of daily or weekly newspapers, newspapers, magazines and periodicals, but less than once a month.
- A contract of limited duration for the regular supply of daily newspapers, news and weekly newspapers and periodicals for acquaintance (trial subscription or introductory subscription) shall not be tacitly continued and shall terminate automatically at the end of the trial period or introductory subscription.
- If a contract has a duration of more than one year, after one year the consumer may terminate the contract at any time with a notice of up to one month, unless the reasonableness and fairness dictate otherwise.
Article 13 - Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within 7 working days after the start of the reflection period as referred to in article 6 paragraph 1. In the case of an agreement to provide a service, this period shall commence after the consumer has received confirmation of the agreement.
- The Consumer has the obligation to report any inaccuracies in the payment details provided or stated to Tomsgates without delay.
- In the event of non-payment by the consumer, Tomsgates has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the consumer for the reasonable costs made known in advance.
Article 14 - Complaints procedure
- Tomsgates has a sufficiently publicised complaints procedure and deals with the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
- Complaints about the performance of the contract must be submitted to Tomsgates in full and clearly described within 7 days after the consumer has discovered the defects.
- Complaints made to Tomsgates will be responded to within 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeably longer processing time, Tomsgates will respond within the 14 day period with an acknowledgement of receipt and an indication of when the consumer can expect a more detailed response.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, a dispute will arise that is subject to dispute resolution.
- Een klacht schort de verplichtingen van Tomsgates niet op, tenzij Tomsgates schriftelijk anders aangeeft.
- A complaint does not suspend Tomsgates' obligations unless Tomsgates indicates otherwise in writing.If a complaint is deemed justified by Tomsgates, Tomsgates will, at its discretion, either replace or repair the products supplied free of charge.
Article 15 - Courts
- Agreements between Tomsgates and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions relate are exclusively governed by Belgian law. Even if the consumer resides abroad.
- The Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply.